What does private aviation look like in the Bahamas
While plenty of commercial flights to the Bahamas happen daily, private aviation remains a sought-after mode of travel. Most private planes, large and small, can make the hop from the mainland in Florida to the islands easily. With 29 islands and 661 cays making up the Bahamas, private planes, jets, and seaplanes are always a viable travel option.
Discover Private Flying with CSI Aviation in The Bahamas
CSI Aviation Inc. has a fleet of Beechcraft 1900s stationed a short flight away in West Palm Beach, Florida. We make short flights to the Bahamas daily for employee groups as well as families and tourism groups. Our aircraft can hold up to 197 passengers.
We have the capabilities to charter a private flight from to the Bahamas, within the Bahamas, and from the Bahamas. Our 40+ years of experience guarantees that we are experts in coordinating your private flight. CSI Aviation can also organize all international travel forms, COVID-19 tests, and information you need for simplified traveling.
Top Airports in the Bahamas:
When it comes to Bahamian getaways, we’ve got the affordable aircraft you need. CSI Aviation can land you at any airport with a runway suitable for a Beechcraft 1900—of which there are many!
When you enter the Bahamas, you’ll always need to make a stop in Nassau for customs clearing. If you’re flying to an inner island, you’ll need special permission to land there. In addition to handling all completed and processed paperwork for your trip, we will also make sure the customs process and subsequent island-hopping goes smoothly.
See below for our top-requested airports and all their destinations have to offer.
- Lynden Pindling International Airport (MYNN) Nassau
- The capital city and most populous of the Bahamas, most CSI’s flights out of Florida are to Nassau on the island of New Providence.
- Nassau serves as the economic center of the Bahamas for both industry and tourism.
- No matter where you go in the Bahamas, you’ll need to stop in Nassau to go through customs.
- Exuma International Airport (MYEF) Moss Town
- Crystal-clear water ideal for snorkeling and iconic swimming pigs greet you steps away from Exuma’s main airport in Moss Town.
- North Eleuthera Airport (MYEH) the Bahamas
- Eleuthera is the island to visit to learn about Bahamian history and embrace the tropical tourism experience.
- It boasts stunning beaches as well as opportunities in fishing, agriculture, and mining.
- South Bimini Airport (MYBS) the Bahamas
- The islands that make up the Bimini region are the closest to mainland USA and the furthest West in the Bahamian territory.
- Bimini is sought-after for sport fishing in addition to charming resorts.
- South Andros Airport (MYAK) Congo Town, the Bahamas
- Located on South Andros district, the small Congo Town offers an ideal starting point for exploring Andros Island.
- Congo Town itself offers remote tourism and seasonal seafood delicacies.
- Leonard M Thompson International Airport (MYAM) Marsh Harbor, the Bahamas
- Marsh Harbor is located on Abaco Island, and is an ideal spot for boating, swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking tourism.
- The area is also known for its shipbuilding industry.
Where to find us:
While we aren’t physically located in the Bahamas, we’re only a short flight away. You can find us in West Palm Beach, Florida in the Atlantic Aviation Terminal at (PBI) Palm Beach International Airport (to the left of AUTEC Passenger Terminal):
- Directions from Main PBI Terminal: Take Perimeter Rd. around the airport until directly across from the main PBI terminal. Atlantic Aviation will be on your right.
- Just across 98/Southern Blvd from Lake Lytal Park (and Trump International Golf Club West Palm Beach)
- Take 95 North to 98 West from the Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society
- Straight shot (10-15 minutes) west of Mar-A-Lago Club
We’re a 1-hour flight from Nassau (NAS) at all times, which you’ll need to stop in to go through customs when entering and departing the Bahamas.
Looking to travel elsewhere?
CSI Aviation Inc. has been in the aviation industry for over 40 years. Should you want to travel beyond the Bahamas, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can arrange for your air travel on any aircraft you desire, to any location across the globe through our aviation management division.