You might expect the top states for private plane travel to be the largest ones (California and Texas) or the most-populated ones (also California and Texas). However, when it comes to private flight departures, the winner is Florida.
Florida is home to almost 140 airports of varying size. When it comes to air charter, many of these airports are popular spots for booking flights. Private flying affords passengers comfort, security, privacy, and works according to the passenger’s schedule.
In addition to the plethora of airports, Florida offers a great starting point for international (and tropical!) travel. The Bahamas, Cancun, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos—you name it. The closest departure airport for these sought-after destinations is in Florida. Plus, being the third most-populated state in the US, it’s not a long flight to areas along the eastern seaboard and the gulf coast.
Some of the top airports in Florida for private flying include:
- Miami Executive Airport (TMB)
- Miami-Opa Locka Airport (OPF)
- For Lauderdale Executive Airport (FXE)
- Boca Raton Airport (BCT)
- Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
- Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)
- Orlando Executive Airport (ORL)
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport (CRG)
- Key West International Airport (EYW)
- Tampa International (TPA)
- Naples International (NAP)
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
CSI Aviation has a base with a fleet of Beechcraft 1900s at PBI in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our location places us in an ideal spot for a quick flight to any other Florida airport as well as destinations across the Caribbean. Book your next air charter flight with CSI Aviation in Florida to fly private.