A medically configured airplane has the necessary equipment, medications, and staff to qualify as a mobile ICU. Our fixed-wing air ambulances are designed for stable, non-emergency transport over long distances. These are medical patients who cannot travel long distances via ground transportation or on a commercial airline. Patients are typically stable and qualify as “non-emergent” but in need of transport.
CSI Aviation operates a fleet of King Airs that have been converted into mobile ICUs. Our King Airs offer an enduring safety record, comfort, speed, and reliability. Each plane’s onboard medical equipment includes:
- One stretcher, but we can bring up to two stretchers in the B-350
- Our Spectrum Patient Loading/Securing System stretcher is specially designed to be turned through the airplane door. Monitoring equipment is attached to the tray above the patient’s feet.
- Hamilton-T1 Transport Ventilator
- Provides adult, pediatric, and neonatal ventilation.
- Compact and completely operational independent of compressed air, making it ideal for transporting patients across long distances.
- Includes Adaptive Support Ventilation® (ASV®) to continuously adjust respiratory rate, tidal volume, and inspiratory time depending on patient’s condition.
- Noninvasive ventilation (NIV) mode for functionality as a demand flow system.
- Can provide high-flow oxygen therapy.
- Oxygen adjustable from 21% to 100%.
- Volumetric capnography for assessing ventilation quality and metabolic activity.
- Simplified patient monitoring and assessment features.
- Proximal flow sensor measures pressure, volume, and flow at the patient’s airway opening.
- Zoll X Series ECG Monitor and Defibrillator
- Designed for use with neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients.
- Real CPR Help® technology triples odds a patient surviving cardiac arrest.
- Reduces time-to-balloon.
- Simplifies transmission and charting.
- The Cardiac Monitor also provides live CPR quality feedback.
- King Vision® Video Laryngoscope
- Durable, smudge-proof, and robust design.
- Lightweight, battery-operated, and protective packaging for ideal portability.
- Disposable blades for sanitary and economical intubations.
- In-flight nurse carries a backpack on their person with a selection of medications to adequately provide pain relief and sedation.
- We also carry medications to treat nausea, dysrhythmias, allergic reactions, acute psychotic episodes, anxiety, blood transfusion reactions, blood pressure issues, pre-eclampsia, narcotic drug overdose, premature labor, respiratory emergencies, hypoglycemia, and more.
- Post-Flight Cleaning with AeroClave RDS 3110 allows for hands-free decontamination of the plane’s interior with the push of a button.
[Medically Configured King Air]
Each medical flight includes a critical care nurse, paramedic and two pilots.
- Our nurses and paramedics are cross trained to the same level, expanding their skills and scope of practice.
- Our pilots have over 2500 fixed-wing flight hours and either military, commercial or MEDEVAC experience.
- CSI Aviation is NAAMTA certified and can be off the ground within 30 minutes of a call.